Thursday, June 1, 2017

Mother's Nature Journal: This is for the birds

Trump announced his plans to exit the climate treaty today, so we entered the woods.  The children made peanut butter and honey sandwichs for lunch in their little "magic spot" while I wrote to the soundscape of ravens and their imaginative play.  They were running wild with plans to design their dream homes amidst the trees.  It was a pleasant escape and reprieve.


I am exhausted.  Last night I was up again with a sick child.  As I was limping to the finish line of a great day at The Warthog School I honestly didn't know how I could clean up and get us all into bed.  Then, I saw our well-worn school table that we gather around everyday. The simple, exquisite beauty of our day's experience was awesome. There were the feathers that a friend had collected and left for us in a manila envelope behind the desk at the library framing the Nootka Rose buds and blossoms we picked in the rain today to make garlands and rose ice cream.
The beauty took my breath. So, I took a photo. And I took strength.  If THIS exists...if this exist I can stay not just hopeful...but activated. Sleepless nights and all.



No comments:

Post a Comment