Monday, April 3, 2017

Mother's Nature Journal: Returning to Orcas Island

There is something about a home(school)coming occuring on a large sea vessel that super naturally drenches a student in magical myth and lore.  No words are required, no story to spin, but rather a silence is called for to hear the slicing of waters at the bow and the ferry dock lights calling
"...this way....this way..." back.

This morning while E.P. struggled to endure another attack of stomach pains, I unpacked The Warthog School for our Spring and Summer semester here on Orcas Island.  Brooms over doorways,  old wooden desks wheeled back into position. As I put back up the "Accentuate The Positive" reminder...was I ever reminded of just what a difference six months can make for the environment.  After I re-hung the mini-chalk board I sat down stunned because it held the last thing we were excited about before we shoved off for Costa Rica.




I can't seem to get myself to erase it, even though Trump won't hesitate too if he hasn't already.
I suppose, now more than ever, we need to keep up this practice of pointing out what is oh so wonderful in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment